Soundiron HIGH SCHOOL DRUM CORPS KONTAKT
The Soundiron High School Drumcorps is a multi-sample drum library focused on capturing the powerful, tight sound of small marching band drum line. There’s a certain unique punch to those hard mid-tones with that truncated dry snap of marching snares and bass drums. It’s quite distinct from the solid, pleasing punch and smooth resonance of typical rock, jazz and symphonic percussion. These drums are meant to be heard loud and clear from a great distance, delivered with the staccato snap of a military formation.
Mike was a marching percussionist back in his youth. To capture this library, he returned to his old alma mater many years later to capture the feeling and sound of playing in a small marching drum corps live and in the flesh Our goal was not simply to capture the sound of watching the band from the bleachers, but to put you right there in the drum line yourself, all the way from the rehearsal hall to out onto the field on game day. Our goal was not simply to capture the sound of watching from the bleachers, but to put you right there in the drum line yourself.
- Indoor and Outdoor Recording, with Football Field and Band Rehearsal Hall locations
- Marching Snare (field): strike, flam, rim shot and rimclick, looping double-stroke rolls w/ release samples, 5-6 velocities, 10x round-robin per velocity layer
- Marching Snare (hall): strike, flam tight, flam loose, rimclick, rimclick flam, looping double-stroke roll and crescendo sustains w/ release, short crescendo rolls, 8-11 velocities, 10x round-robin per velocity
- 5 Tuned Marching Bass Drums (field): 20″ – 36″ diameter pitched drums with hard mallets, strike & rimclick, looping & crecendo roll w/ release, 6-8 velocities, 10x round-robin
- 48″ Concert Bass Drum (hall): soft mallet strike on cowhide skin, 6 velocities, 10x round-robin
- Full Bass, Snare and Quad Ensemble (field): Unison strikes and rimclicks, 7-9 velocities, 10x round-robin
- Full Bass, Snare and Quad Ensemble (hall): Unison strikes and rimclicks, 8-11 velocities, 10x round-robin
- Field Recordings and soundscapes of 10 general parade crowd ambiences