Stormwave The Hand Tank Drum KONTAKT
The Hand Tank Drum is the first Stormwave Audio’s Kontakt library featuring a very unique acoustic tuned percussion instrument with an other-worldly tone!
We tirelessly played the instrument with different articulations and dynamics to bring the range of the instrument in its full scope into your projects. Each note has been carefully recorded with varying strength using fingers and soft mallets.
The natural tone has been recorded using 2 microphone perspectives:
– The details and percussive properties from upper part of the instrument were captured in stereo using a pair of Neumann KM184 condenser microphones.
– The fullness and low end vibrations from the bottom were recorded using Shure SM56 dynamic microphone.
– Single Native Instrument Kontakt patch (.nki file).
– Extended range C4-G5
– 768 samples recorded at 24bit/48kHz.
– 4 velocity layers.
– 3 random, no-repeat round robin variation for every sample.
– 4 articulations covering mallet and finger playing, as well as semi-muted style for more precise tone, or open style for a natural, dissonant timbre.
– Keyswitch for a fast and handy articulation change during the performance.
– 2 microphone perspectives – top and bottom – with separate volume controls.
– Effects section including delay, chorus, reverb, and rotary speaker/vibrato simulation.
– Attack and Release envelope controls for further sound shaping possibilities.
– Requires full version of Kontakt 5, free Kontakt Player is not supported.